Home Care Instructions following Periodontal Treatment
- You can take over-the-counter pain medication for any discomfort you may have.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water today to help remove the bacteria that is present.
- Avoid eating crunchy, spicy, or hot foods today, i.e.: taco chips, carrots, and crispy fried chicken.
- Rinse with warm salt water if your gums are sore and tender (1 tsp. salt in 1 cup warm water).
- Brush gently today even if your gums are tender to help remove the plaque that has started to reform.
- You don’t need to floss or use any home care aids (i.e. toothpicks) today if there is too much sensitivity. But starting tomorrow, do so each day.
- Follow all our home care instructions exactly as directed. Success of treatment depends on the improvement of your oral hygiene.