Dental Biocompatible Materials in Sunnyvale, CA
Biocompatibility is the ability of the foreign material, introduced into the body, to provide the desired function without causing any harmful local or systemic effects. These materials should be highly neutral and should not cause any allergic inflammatory response.
Three different levels of biocompatibility are:
1. General: Toxicity of the material is taken into consideration. Every person reacts to the effects of toxicity in a similar manner.
2. Immunological:Immune systems of different people react in different ways on the introduction of the same material. It happens because of the difference in the biochemical makeup.
3. Bio-Energetic: The energy compatibility of the material with the body is studied. Incompatible energies can interfere with the meridians of the teeth.
Which are the materials used for Restorative Purpose?
- Galloy: It is used as an alternative of amalgam as it is less toxic. It is an alloy of gallium, silver, tin and indium.
- Composite Fillings: It consists of glass particles suspended in plastic and are used to fill small or average sized cavity. They are made of bisphenol and are not completely compatible due to the estrogen leaching capacity.
- Direct Composite: Plastic material made especially to bond to the tooth and provide strength. It is tooth colored and can cause hairline cracks in the tooth structure because of its hardening process.
- Indirect Composite: These are hardened, in the lab, before being placed in the cavity. They are used for fixed-size restorations and are not prone to fractures.
- Porcelain: Tooth colored more natural looking substance mostly used to replace missing teeth using crowns. They mostly contain oxides of various metals (Aluminum) and even heavy metals (Cobalt, Barium).
- Gold:Gold is used to provide maximum strength and used where appearance is not a factor. Metals such as Silver, Copper, Palladium and Platinum are added to provide strength.
- Titanium: It is used in varied proportions to provide strength when gold is not biocompatible and appearance is not considered.
- Palladium Dental alloy: It is used to make crowns and can be more dangerous than mercury. Researchers have identified methylated palladium as the root cause of various neurological diseases.
- Blood Serum Test:This test determines the measure of immunoglobulin that are capable of reacting with the restorative material and the by-products.
- Selective Kinesiology: It uses muscle strength as an indicator of acceptance of the material. The energy field of the material influences the muscle strength positively or negatively, which becomes the basis of biocompatibility.
- Material’s Reactivity Testing: The test is used to identify the already existing sensitivity issues to various chemicals.
To let your smile be the highlight of the day, Sunnyvale Dental group is committed to protecting it. Schedule an appointment right now at (408) 739-9050 for a delightful holistic dentistry experience.